Welcome back to Our Kitchen! Are you feeding a crowd this weekend? On the menu for brunch, hog sausage casserole
Hog Sausage Casserole
- 2 lbs. Hog Sausage
- 1 cup Grits uncooked
- 4 cups Water
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 5 Eggs slightly beaten
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet, breaking up large chunks and drain.
- Crumble the sausage over the bottom of the casserole.
- Cook grits in the water according to the package directions. Grits should be thick rather than runny.
- Add butter, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper to the grits.
- Pour grit mixture over the sausage.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on South Carolina Wild are solely those of the authors, and do not reflect official policies, positions, or endorsements of activity or products by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.