Welcome back to Our Kitchen! Are you looking to feed a crowd? On the menu this weekend, venison sloppy joe sliders.
Venison Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 lb. Ground Venison
- 2/3 cup Yellow Onion finely diced
- 2 tsp. Garlic minced
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, drizzle olive oil and brown the meat. Remove meat and set it aside.
- Add more oil and sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Deglaze skillet with water and vinegar then stir in ketchup, brown sugar, and spices.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Put meat back into skillet and combine with sauce.
- Now assemble sliders, cut Hawaiian rolls horizontally and place the bottom half in a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle half of the cheese. Spread sloppy joe mixture evenly. Sprinkle remaining cheese and place the top of the rolls on.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar worcestershire sauce, and dijon mustard. Pour over sliders and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on South Carolina Wild are solely those of the authors, and do not reflect official policies, positions, or endorsements of activity or products by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.