Welcome back to Our Kitchen! On the menu tonight, Slow Cooker Venison Chili.
Slow Cooker Venison Chili
This recipe by Kollby Taylor, Region 1 Heritage Preserve Technician, will be featured in an upcoming issue of South Carolina Wildlife. Don’t miss out on future recipes! To subscribe, gift a subscription, or renew your subscription visit, http://www.scwildlife.com/subscribe.html
- 3 lbs Ground Venison
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Worcestershire Sauce to taste
- 1 Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 4 15oz cans Kidney Bean light and dark
- 3 14.5oz cans Diced Tomatoes use any flavor
- 1 6oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Beef Stock can substitute chicken stock
- 1 Jalapeños diced (optional)
- Paprika to taste
- Chili Powder to taste
- Brown the ground venison with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sauté bell pepper, onion, and garlic until soft.
- To a slow cooker, add all ingredients and mix.
- Cook on low of 8 hours.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Ingredients can be combined in the slow cooker the night before and stored in the fridge overnight.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on South Carolina Wild are solely those of the authors, and do not reflect official policies, positions, or endorsements of activity or products by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.